Saturday, October 25, 2014

Dimly

"for now we see in a mirror dimly"

and is this mirror dim?
I don't know what I see or how brightly I see it.

I can't help it - these descending leaves and this crescendoing of years is what gets me.

there was a time when there were twelve hands around our table and though I feel sufficient with six, I am not whole without
the other half.

"then we shall see face to face"

here we go 'round the clock again, and yet, I think these changing colors can only signify another season of darkness.

conflicted again, I go to the mirror in search of some beauty, am I not face to face with the fact of 
falling?

here I go - mending and lending my sarcasm.

was it not for the hope of something
that we fell?

"for now we see in a mirror dimly"

wouldn't I love to be more than dimly noted -
there stands she, more or less enough.

"then we shall see face to face"

there must be something metaphorically wrong with me,
I see too brightly.

...love, anna...




No comments:

Post a Comment