Sunday, October 5, 2014

Why I am Unabashed (and why you should be too)

In the recent months I've been working on a project that deals with an issue I'm very passionate about.

It's the issue of beauty.

And I know...I KNOW...
you're probably tired of hearing that 
"You're beautiful no matter what they say"
and
"It's what's on the inside that counts."

These things may be true, however, my goal is not to reiterate everything you've been told a million times simply because I know if I do that no one will listen.

I'm tired of hearing it too.

My mission is NOT to through a bunch of cliches at you and call it a day.  I'm not trying to create some feminist soap box on which to put down men and society.  And I'm not trying to place blame on any particular party.

My mission is simply this:
To seek beauty - to seek the beauty that can only come from Christ - and to seek it boldly and unabashedly.  And if I encourage even one other girl to do the same along the way, then I'd consider that a victory.

So here it is, world - listen close girls, boys, men, women -
I am unabashed.

I'm tired of being told that I'm not 
enough -
that my beauty can only be based on numbers, scales, and measurements.

I'm tired of believing that I am somehow
lacking -
just because I can't get guys' attention.

I'm tired of seeing girls throw away their self-respect just to win 
the wrong kind of attention.

So to this generation,
and to all future generations,
let me tell you -

There's nothing wrong with you.
There's nothing wrong with loving yourself -
forgiving your flaws,
seeing past your imperfections,
and embracing the fact that here you are -
very much alive,
and very much beautiful.

I love my God and all I want is for His beauty to shine through me,
and it is inconsequential whether or not 
anyone else sees the beauty in me,
because I know who I am,
I know what I believe,
and I've chosen
to love myself and to be
unabashed of that.

The prettiest women I know are so in love with Jesus that his love emanates from them, and it is beautiful.
...love, anna...

For more information on the project and our upcoming event on November 8th at Beans on Broad, like the facebook page!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Cousin, you ARE beautiful on the inside and on the outside!! I praise God that HE has poured HIS love on you and that you are living out this truth! I praise God that you KNOW who you are IN Him and find your VALUE and WORTH in what He has made you to be and is continuing to make you to be! I thank God that HIS love for you RADIATES so brightly from YOU and that you seek to remind women of who they are! Live courageously, live beautifully! I love you, darling! <3

    ReplyDelete